User InterviewsAugust 28, 2017 at 2:12pm
Hey guys! I’m a product designer at Managed by Q and am trying to learn what is the best way to approach interviewing users as a designer. Our product team conducts at least 4 - 5 user interviews every week. We are using interviews to test future designs with InVision prototypes, validate new features, and obtain feedback about the product. I'm new to conducting and interviewing users, and I’m curious to know how other product teams approach user interviews. Some of the things I'd love to learn more about include:
- Does your team conduct user interviews? If so how frequently and for what purpose?
- What are some of the tools you use to conduct and document user feedback?
- What are some of the design tools you use to present and test designs?
- Who leads the interviews and what is your role (as a designer) in the interview?
- What do you do to prepare for the interviews?
Also wondering what books, talks, or resources out there have been helpful.
August 29, 2017 at 1:35pm
August 29, 2017 at 8:42pm
August 30, 2017 at 12:53pm
August 31, 2017 at 2:46pm
April 9, 2018 at 3:15pm
I think Michael Margolis has good and quick insights you could check to get you started:
April 15, 2018 at 3:18pm
Thank you , will check out the links! Michael is great—several weeks ago our teams had several calls with him for some feedback on our research process, and they were very helpful. Doing good research is hard!